Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland's Green Production Toolkit can provide you with useful information and tips to create a more environmentally friendly film production, including information relating to Production, Directors, Actors, ADs & Extras, Catering & Craft Services, Transport & Utilities, Locations, Hair & Make-Up, Wardrobe & Drapes, Production Design & Art, Set Decorations, Props & Greens, Construction, Camera & Sound, Sparks & Grips, SFX, Stunts and Post Production & VFX.
Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland's full Green Production Toolkit can be downloaded here.
Some tips across all areas of production include:
- Turn off the lights when not needed
- Use energy efficient bulbs
- Only heat the space you are using
- Use ‘A’ rated appliances and unplug when not in use
- Compost and recycle
- Bring your mug and water bottle to work
- Reduce plastic and favour less packaging
- Shop local and buy environmentally friendly products
- Use the bus or the train, cycle or car-share
- Reduce and offset your air miles
- Be aware that fuel emissions are the greatest contributor to Global Warming
Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland's Sustianability Policy will be available soon for download.
A case study of sustainable production practices used on the short film Catcalls can be found here.