DEADLINE EXTENDED: Call for Applications — EFP Producers on the Move 2019
Posted: 5th March 2019
Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland is now seeking applications from Irish producers who wish to be considered as the Irish representative for the 2019 EFP Producers on the Move programme held each year at the Cannes Film Festival.
Each year, 20 up and coming producers from 20 different countries from throughout Europe are selected to participate in Producers on the Move at the Cannes Film Festival. The four-day programme aims at connecting enterprising young producers with international potential co-production partners and strengthening their industry networks. The programme is underpinned by a digital promotion campaign and a press campaign in the international trades, creating visibility and opportunity for the producers.
The programme is open to 20 producers from 20 different European countries. The interested producers/production companies must have completed at least one international co-production. The final selection of the 20 participants is based on a point system which considers the following criteria:
- the producer's experience in an international co-production (at least one international co-production) is a pre-requisite. The selection process favours producers who have been majority producers.
If candidates were the majority producers in more than three international co-productions, they, unfortunately, are too experienced for PRODUCERS ON THE MOVE
- the producer's feature length film(s) have had a theatrical release and /or a VoD / SVoD / DVD / TV release outside of the production countries involved;
- the producer has had a feature length film screened in the international section at a major festival;
- the producer's feature length film was awarded Best Film in the producer's home country ie recipient of a national film award;
- the producer has a strong project suitable for an international co-production.
Previous Irish Producers on the Move include Alan Maher (Song of Granite), Katie Holly (Vita & Virginia), John Keville and Conor Barry (The Hole in the Ground), Juliette Bonass (A Date for Mad Mary), Rebecca O’Flanagan (Papi Chulo) and Macdara Kelleher (Black 47) to name but a few.
If you are interested in participating in Producers on the Move 2019, please address your email to Louise Ryan, Marketing & Communications Manager, email@example.com with the following information by 6pm on Friday 15 March:
- Letter of motivation, i.e. what you would hope to gain from the scheme and why you would like to take part
- Project description of the film in development / financing — including synopsis and director statement (if director attached)
- Finance plan for this project