Now Hiring: Production and Development Coordinator at Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board
Posted: 9th March 2018
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) is the national development agency for Irish film and animation investing in Talent, Creativity and Enterprise. The agency also supports and promotes the Irish film industry and the use of Ireland as a location for international production.
We are seeking to appoint a Production and Development Coordinator who will be part of the Production and Development team.
The IFB’s mission is to support and promote Irish film, television and animation through fostering Irish artistic vision and our diverse creative and production talent, growing audiences and attracting filmmakers and investment into the country.
We deliver on our mission through:
- Providing leadership, direction and advocacy for the Irish film industry.
- Development and Production funding for Irish film and screen content.
- Investing in people and skills development through Screen Training Ireland.
- Promoting the distribution of supported feature films, bringing Irish film to wider audiences.
- Promoting Irish films to major international markets.
- Generating inward investment by promoting Ireland as a film location and advising international companies on locations.
- Engaging with European counterparts on mutually beneficial policy initiatives.
Our role sees us directly involved in the creative process of the development and production of Irish film and other audiovisual projects. We provide investment for the development, production and distribution of Irish feature films, feature documentaries, animation and short films.
The role involves managing the logistics of the IFB development slate and the IFB production slate. It is situated within the IFB Production and Development team and it plays a pivotal role in the efficiency and effectiveness of the Unit. The role also has extensive external relationships dealing on a daily basis with IFB Applicants – producers, writers and directors and IFB stakeholders.
The role involves:
- Overall monitoring and tracking of the IFB Development slate so there is a clear overview of where all projects are in terms of project status.
- Sending projects to readers and the compilation of reader’s reports for the development meeting.
- Preparation of development meeting agenda
- Preparation of development Letter of Offer and monitoring of expiry dates.
- Preparation of notifications and recommendations to the IFB Board
- Monitoring Development Cost Reports.
- Overall monitoring and tracking of IFB Production slate so there is clear overview of all projects on the slate and their status.
- Preparation of Project Group Meeting (PGM) agendas
- Assist Project Managers with PGM reports as required.
- Co-Ordination of Production Offer letters
- Monitoring of Expiry dates
- Prepares recommendations to the IFB Board
- Monitoring Production Cost Reports.
- Work with the IFB Project Managers on various initiatives as directed including POV and the new Screenplay Development initiative.
Production and Development Coordinator — Essential Experience
You must have:
- Experience of working in an environment whereby you contribute to the efficiency of that organisation.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience of the film and television sector.
- Experience of dealing with volume.
- Experience of maintaining sound business relationships with clients, industry bodies, and key stakeholders
Production and Development Coordinator — Essential Skills
You will need:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to convince and influence outcomes – remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to manage a large and varied workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A team player who can positively contribute to a dynamic and innovative working environment.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd March 2018 at 6.00 pm.
The covering letter should set out how you address the Essential Experience and Essential Skills.
You will also be expected to be conversant with the new IFB Strategy ‘Building on Success’, see www.irishfilmboard.ie.
This position will be offered on a 5 year fixed-term contract, full time and exclusive.
This is a sanctioned post at Executive Officer level — with a starting salary of €29,026 with annual increments subject to performance. Annual leave is 20 days per annum. This post will be part of the Irish Film Board Superannuation Scheme. There will also be a probationary period.
This position is directly responsible to the IFB Project Manager Team. This post is based in Dublin.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is an equal opportunities employer.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is under the aegis of the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.