VACANCY: Animation, VFX and Games Coordinator at Screen Training Ireland at Screen Training Ireland
Posted: 19th June 2018
About Screen Training Ireland
Screen Training Ireland (STI) is the national training and skills development resource specifically tailored for Ireland’s film and television industry. It was established to provide ongoing training and career development opportunities for professionals working in the screen industry. STI delivers structured training and skills development initiatives to the Film and TV Drama, Animation, VFX, Games, AR/VR and the Television Broadcast sector. STI comes under the auspices of Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland (formerly Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board).
Animation and VFX Coordinator — Role Description
This position will work directly with the STI Manager. This role will assist the Manager in the roll out of training and skills development activities across animation, VFX, VR/AR and the gaming sector.
The role will consist of:
- Working with the STI Manager on identifying the skills gaps across animation, games, VFX and VR/AR.
- Working with the STI Manager on the roll out of animation, VFX, games and VR/AR training and skills development initiatives to close skills gaps.
- Working directly with industry stakeholders including Animation Ireland, Animation Skillnet, VFX Association of Ireland, VRAI and Imirt.
- Liasing with the third level sector on interventions to assist graduates be industry ready.
- Generating ideas that can be rolled out as skills development initiatives.
- Experience of working in the animation, VFX, gaming, VR/AR and/or related areas.
- Experience of working in skills development and/or education provision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A forward thinker and ideas generator.
- Excellent computer package proficiency including Word, Excel, and Power-point.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Mist be able to work as part of a fast-paced team and contribute to a dynamic and innovative working environment.
- Must have a strong client focus.
- Must be able to work to challenging deadlines and work on own initiative.
- A forward thinking ideas person.
- A desire to work the Film and TV sector is essential.
This position will be offered at Executive Officer scale. Salary scale will be €29,026 rising incrementally. Annual leave is 20 days and this post will be part of the Irish Film Board Superannuation Scheme. There will also be a 6 month probationary period. This position will be a 5 year fixed-term contract – it will be full-time and exclusive. Travel will be a feature of this post.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 6th July 2018.
This position is directly responsible to the STI Manager. The post will be based in Dublin.
Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland is under the aegis of the Department of Culture, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht.