VACANCY: Training Manager at Screen Training Ireland
Posted: 12th December 2017
Screen Training Ireland (STI) is the national training and development resource specifically tailored for Ireland’s film and television industry. It was established in 1995 (after the STATCOM report) to provide ongoing training and career development opportunities for professionals working in the screen industry.
The screen industry encompasses the development and production of Film, Television, Animation, VFX, Post production and emerging screen technologies.
STI comes under the auspices of the Irish Film Board (IFB) since 2013. It is principally funded by the IFB, third-party training partnerships and fee income.
STI offers training to the sector in the following areas
- Business and Enterprise training (including Screenleaders)
- Creativity and Creative Collaboration
- Production and Technical training
- International training partnership opportunities
As part of the strategic development of the sector the IFB and the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) commissioned a report on development of skills for the Audiovisual industry in Ireland and as part of that plan the IFB wishes to recruit a Training Manager for Screen Training Ireland.
Training Manager — Role Description
This is a newly created position working within an established team. The team (currently 5 persons) will report directly to the Training Manager. The role will see the Screen Training Manager working across the strategic development of skills within the screen sector and providing vision and leadership within the team.
The role will see the Training Manager work effectively with the STI Advisory Board on the creation of a new skills / training strategy for Screen Training Ireland and the implementation of the strategy.
The role will also specifically address key linkages between professional training and third-level education.
The role will consist of:
- Leading and supervising all of the activities and new initiatives of Screen Training Ireland.
- Working with the Advisory Board of STI to develop a training strategy over the next 3-5 years – this will include an identification of current skill gaps and skills required to future proof the screen sector.
- Leading an established team and providing organisational leadership.
- Devise the annual implementation plan and report to the board on outcomes.
- Ongoing monitoring of course outcomes and evaluations.
- Developing (with the IFB) baseline industry data.
- Positioning of STI (industry, press, promotion, publicity and communication)
- Developing partnerships with other training organisations in Ireland - especially with Solas and the Educational and Training Boards.
- Developing partnerships internationally to further the aims of STI.
- Ensuring there is a gender balanced approach to the work of STI.
- Developing initiatives to generate new funding streams to support the expansion of training provision.
- Developing relationships with the Irish Guilds (Screen Producers Ireland, Writers Guild and Directors Guild, Animation Ireland and VFXAI).
This role will involve local and international travel therefore we will need flexibility.
- Substantial and proven experience of working in the film and / or television industry.
- Substantial and proven experience of working in training and/or education provision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- A forward thinker and ideas generator.
- A demonstrated commitment to equality and diversity issues.
- A thorough understanding of the key challenges which the screen sector faces in a period of dynamic change.
- A demonstrated understanding of the crucial importance of training / capacity building within the screen sector and the role it plays in underpinning growth.
- Experience of leading a team.
- A track record of project delivery.
- Leadership and team building skills.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to email@example.com by Wednesday 17th January 2017 at 5.00 pm. Applications will not be accepted after that time STRICTLY.
You will also be expected to be conversant with the IFB Strategy ‘Building on Success’, and the training strategy ‘Final Report in respect of a Strategy for the Development of Skills for the Audiovisual industry in Ireland’ see www.irishfilmboard.ie and www.screentrainingireland.ie.
This position will be offered on a 5 year fixed–term contract, full time and exclusive. This is a sanctioned post at Professional Grade 2 with a starting salary of €59,765 with annual increments subject to performance. Annual leave is 25 days per annum and this post will be part of the Irish Film Board Superannuation Scheme. There will also be a probationary period.
This position is directly responsible to the IFB Deputy CEO and through STI Advisory Board to the Board of the Irish Film Board. The post will be based in Dublin.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is an equal opportunities employer.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is under the aegis of the Department of Culture, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht.