The FÉ/SI works closely with Culture Ireland, the national body for the promotion of Irish arts worldwide with regard to the promotion of talent working in the Irish film, television and animation sectors. Culture Ireland creates and supports opportunities for Irish artists and companies to present and promote their work at strategic international festivals and venues. They develop platforms to present outstanding Irish creative work to international audiences through showcases at key global arts events, as well as through special initiatives.
Culture Ireland offers support for Irish artists, arts organisations and cultural practitioners to:
- present and promote their work at key international venues and festivals
- develop new and diverse international audiences and markets
- participate in international networking events
Culture Ireland supports international showcases by:
- presenting a range of artform showcases at key international arts markets
- developing new platforms and building influence and opportunities for Irish artists at important arts industry events
- working with artists and presenting partners to co-ordinate and promote Irish participation in key international cultural events
Culture Ireland supports the development of Ireland's international cultural policy by:
- advising the Minister for Arts and other government departments on arts and culture policy
- building relationships and networks with arts and cultural organisations, relevant public bodies, state agencies and government departments at home and abroad
working with the Department of Foreign Affairs to ensure that cultural affairs are effectively promoted whilst strengthening Ireland's cultural networks abroad.
IFI International is supported by Culture Ireland to provide Irish film programming services for cultural exhibitors worldwide. Drawing on the collections of the IFI Irish Film Archive and liaising with Irish film directors, producers and distributors, IFI International provides access for cultural exhibitors to new and classic Irish cinema. A wide variety of FÉ/SI funded films are included in the films which the IFI programmes as part of their collections for exhibition. We colaborate with the IFI International to help bring our films and shorts to international cultural audiences.
IFI International works with over 100 exhibition partners in more than 40 countries annually to strategically develop a global audience for Irish film culture. Irish film programmes are presented in contexts which enhance understanding of Irish cinema and which provide new routes for audiences who may be unfamiliar with Irish culture.
The IFI International service creates a gateway to Irish film through:
- Maintenance of a continually updated collection of contemporary and classic Irish cinema
- Curation of themed film programmes
- Provision of expert programming advice on Irish feature, documentary and short films
- Assistance with rights clearance and obtaining screening permission
- Provision of screening copies, scripts, and other support materials
- Liaison with key cultural bodies - such as Fís Éireann/Screen Ireland, Culture Ireland, Irish Consular Service - to ensure requirements of exhibitors, filmmakers and audiences are addressed
- Provision, where possible, of modest financial support for exhibitors